Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Special Feature - Book To Movie: Jane Eyre

I was going to talk about something else today but when I got home the new Jane Eyre movie was waiting for me so I settled in to watch. It makes me nervous a little bit to watch movies based on books I love. The movie people hardly ever seem to put my favorite parts in the movie the way I want them to so the adaptations are often disappointing. Not this time though. This adaptation hit all the right notes and I really enjoyed the way Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender and Judi Dench portrayed Jane, Mr. Rochester and Mrs. Fairfax respectively. All the good parts were included, the way the story moved from Jane's adulthood to memories of her childhood and back made the cinematic narrative more modern and throughout the film there was a sense of understated elegance and quiet sensitivity which I enjoyed. I'd love to hear what you thought of the movie if you've seen it and if you haven't here's the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment